I am an entrepreneurial product manager based in Seattle. Throughout my career I have held various engineering and product management roles. I have spent last 23 years working for both B2B and B2C companies including the Fortune 500 companies such as Microsoft and small startups. I have also tried my own hand on a couple of startups and published a book Touchscreen Strategy – Planning and Monetizing Mobile Apps & Games.
For my last startup Bank Yogi, I have been mentioned/quoted in various online publications including the Atlanta Business Journal, Family Handyman, HuffPost.com, MSN.com, Reader’s Digest, US News and Yahoo Finance. (please see at the bottom of this page for select media links)
My key strengths are
- Identifying gaps and new opportunities
- Data Driven Product Planning – Roadmap and detailed features based on qualitative and quantitative data
- Various product pricing models including licensing, subscription and transaction fees
- Identifying right partners and POC customers
- Forecasting and Managing P&L of an entire venture or a product line
- Closely working with Business development, Business Operations, Engineering, Finance, Legal, Sales, Security, Support, and UX / Design
- Hiring and developing high performance teams
- Working with small startup teams as well as global engineering and product teams.
- Developing, managing and releasing enterprise software, B2C mobile apps, B2C websites including digital and e-Commerce storefronts.
- Associates in Engineering – Bellevue Community College ( now Bellevue College)
- Bachelors in Electrical Engineering – Seattle University
- Technology Management MBA – Michael G. Foster School of Business, University of Washington
Certifications and Training
- Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO)
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Value Proposition and Storytelling – Kellogg School of Management, Northwestern University
- Microsoft Learning – Azure Fundamentals
- Lynda.com – Cloud Architecture Core Concepts
- Lynda.com – Cloud Architecture Advanced Concepts
- Lynda.com – Customer Development
- Lynda.com – Building Product Roadmap
- Lynda.com – Product Launch
- Lynda.com – Product Metrics
I was born and raised in the state of Punjab, India and came to the U.S. in 1991 and moved to Seattle in 1992. Seattle has been my home since then.
Select Media Mentions
- US News – How Credit Card Price Protection Works?
- Reader’s Digest – 15 Credit Card Perks You Didn’t Know Existed
- World Finance – The unstoppable rise of neobanks
- US News – How Good Is Credit Card Travel Insurance?
- Deal News – Are Unlimited Data Plans Ever Worth It?
- Huffington Post – 13 Mistakes That Could Ruin Your Job Interview, According To Hiring Managers
- US News – 20 MBAs That Often Lead to Lucrative Fields
- Creative Click Media – Business Owners Tell All: How Do You Envision SEO Evolving in the Next Five Years?